ASUS - K555 / I5 - 4 - 1 TB - 2 GB
Refined beauty by design
The ASUS K55 features an aluminum construction and comes in luxurious smoky brown and dark indigo colors. It features a sleek, wedge-shaped design with a textured finish.
The ASUS K55 features the 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor and the NVIDIA® GeForce® 630M graphics card with Microsoft DirectX® 11 to provide all the computing power users will ever need.
Keeping computing cool and easy
The K55 has an array of features designed to make computing easier. It features an ergonomically-designed iF Design award winning chiclet keyboard; while IceCool Technology places heat-generating components away from the palm rest, ensuring a comfortable typing experience for users even after prolonged periods of use.
It is accompanied by a large multi-touch pad for smooth, intuitive fingertip control.
ASUS SuperBatt Technology provides an extended battery charge-cycle lifespan that is up to 3x that of normal notebooks.
Computing with a smartphone-like user experience
The K55 features a smartphone-like “always on” user experience thanks to the ASUS Super Hybrid Engine II with instant on technology. It enables the K55 to resume from sleep mode in just 2-seconds, and provides up to two weeks of standby time. In addition, it automatically secures and backs up data when the battery drops to 5% charge.
*Actual K55 standby time may vary due to specific component performance, connected devices, and environmental differentiation.
ASUS SonicMaster Lite gives the ASUS K55 the ability to deliver more powerful sounds and richer bass to provide the best audio experience in the mainstream notebook class.
- ProcessorIntel® Core™ i5 4210U Processor
Operating SystemWindows 7 Ultimate
- Windows 7 Professional
Windows 7 Home Premium
Windows 7 Home Basic
Windows 7 Starter
- ChipsetIntel® Chief River Chipset HM76
- MemoryDDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM, 2 x DIMM socket for expansion up to 8 GB SDRAM
- Display15.6" 16:9 HD (1366x768) LED Backlight
- GraphicNVIDIA® GeForce® GT with 2GB DDR3 VRAM
- Storage2.5" SATA
- Optical DriveBlu-Ray DVD Combo (Optional)
Blue-ray Writer (Optional)
- Card Reader2 -in-1 card reader ( SD/ MMC)
- Camera0.3 Mega Pixel Fixed web camera
- NetworkingIntegrated 802.11 b/g/n
Built-in Bluetooth™ V3.0 (Optional)
10/100/1000 Base T
- Interface1 x Microphone-in jack
1 x Headphone-out jack
1 x VGA port/Mini D-sub 15-pin for external monitor
2 x USB 3.0 port(s)
1 x USB 2.0 port(s)
1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
1 x HDMI
- AudioBuilt-in Speakers And Microphone
Altec Lansing® Speakers
- Battery6Cells 4700 mAh 50 Whrs
- Power AdapterOutput :
19 V DC, 4.74 A, 65 W ((Dual Core)) , 90 W ((Quad Core))
100 -240 V AC, 50/60 Hz universal
- Dimensions25.1 x 37.8 x 2.55 ~3.19 cm (WxDxH)
- Weight2.52 kg (with 6 cell battery)
- SecurityKensington lock
BIOS Booting User Password Protection
HDD User Password Protection and Security
- Manufacturer Warranty2-year limited International hardware warranty. *different by country
On-line problem resolution through web interface (BIOS, Driver update)
OS (Windows® 7 ) install/uninstall consultation
Bundled software install/uninstall consultation
ASUS software supporting
Centrino Logo, Core Inside, Intel, Intel Logo, Intel Core, Intel Inside, Intel Inside Logo, Intel Viiv, Intel vPro, Itanium, Itanium Inside, Pentium, Pentium Inside, Viiv Inside, vPro Inside, Xeon, and Xeon Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Product specifications may differ from country to country. We recommend that you check with your local dealers for the specifications of the products available in your country. Colors of products may not be perfectly accurate due to variations caused by photography and monitor settings.Due to photographic variables and conditions, actual product appearance may differ from images shown on this site.Although we endeavor to present the most accurate and comprehensive information at the time of publication, we reserve the right to make changes without prior notice.
* Result from Mobile Mark 2012 office productivity and DVD playback test.
- Products certified by the Federal Communications Commission and Industry Canada will be distributed in the United States and Canada. Please visit the ASUS USA and ASUS Canada websites for information about locally available products.
- All specifications are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers. Products may not be available in all markets.
- PCB color and bundled software versions are subject to change without notice.
- Brand and product names mentioned are trademarks of their respective companies.